Selection, installation and maintenance of faucet
In the kitchen, bathroom and other areas, we can often see the figure of the tap. Its appearance has facilitated people's daily life. It can be said that modern home life can not do without the help of the tap. So, do you know how to choose a faucet? How to clean the faucet after it has accumulated a lot of dirt? Don't worry. Now let's get to know each other.
1、 Faucet classification:
There are many kinds of faucets, which are usually differentiated according to their functions and uses. For example, kitchen faucets, washbasin faucets, and bathtub faucets are collectively referred to as "three piece sets". When purchasing faucets, special faucets are selected according to their uses. For example, washbasin faucets are installed on the kitchen sink. Because of their low height, they bring a lot of inconvenience to use.
1. Bathtub faucet: There are two water outlets, one connected to the shower in the bathtub and the other connected to the faucet below the shower for shower.
2. Washbasin faucet: the faucet has a short and low outlet, which is mainly used for people to wash things and clean their faces.
3. Multifunctional kitchen faucet: If there is a hot water pipeline in the kitchen, this faucet should also be double connected. In addition, the water outlet of kitchen faucets is relatively high and long, and some have hose designs for washing food.
2、 Tell me about the purchasing principles of kitchen faucets
1. It should be easy to use: washing dishes, steaming rice, cooking soup, washing dishes... There are too many annoying things in the kitchen, so don't let the faucet make things worse! Using a handy faucet often makes people unable to feel its existence, which is mainly related to its valve element, handle position and switch mode. Good faucet valve element can be opened and closed freely, and the handle will not be too loose or tight when using; The position and shape of the handle shall be convenient for opening and closing, which can be easily operated even with the back of the hand; The traditional screw type and wrench type switches are no longer used in the kitchen. Instead, they are quickly closed lifting switches.
2. Easy to clean: when working in the kitchen, you will use your hands with oil stains and dirt to turn on the faucet and dirty it. Therefore, it is better to choose products that are free of oil stain and convenient to scrub. This has a lot to do with the shape and coating of the faucet. Generally, faucets with complex shapes and changeable lines are easy to leave dead corners for cleaning, and faucets with thin coating and low hardness are easy to blacken and dirty. It is recommended to use products with simple shape and hard coating, which can save a lot of things.
3. The size is appropriate: some household kitchen faucets are easy to splash and fall into the middle of the sink... This is caused by ignoring the matching of the sink and kitchen faucet. When choosing kitchen faucet, be sure to know the size of the sink, and choose the appropriate faucet according to this size. Make sure that the angle of the water outlet is right in the middle of the water tank, can rotate 180 ° or 360 °, and the distance from the bottom of the water tank is just not easy to splash water.
4. Water conservation and environmental protection: The water consumption in the kitchen is very large, and modern decoration "energy conservation and environmental protection" is the mainstream, so you should also pay attention to this when selecting faucets. Water saving faucets can save 30-40% of the water compared with ordinary faucets, and can save a lot of water cost for the family when used. At present, the water-saving faucet mainly uses a good bubbler to inject air into the water to prevent splashing and maintain the flushing effect. At the same time, it also slows down the water flow, reduces the water flow and achieves the purpose of water-saving.
5. Unification of style: the unification of decoration style is also a concern of everyone. In the kitchen, the sink can be matched with different materials and styles, while the faucet mainly reflects the line shape and surface coating.
3、 Maintenance method of faucet:
1. Don't use too much force to open and close the faucet, just turn it gently. Even traditional faucets do not need to be screwed to death. In particular, do not support or use the handle as a handrail.
2. The shower head metal hose of the bathtub faucet should be kept in a natural stretching state, and should not be coiled on the faucet when not in use. At the same time, when using or not using, pay attention not to form a dead angle at the joint between the hose and the valve body to avoid breaking or damaging the hose.
3. Under the condition that the water pressure is not less than 0.02 mpa (0.2 kgf/cm2), after a period of use, if it is found that the water output decreases, or even the water heater turns off, the screen cover can be slightly unscrewed at the water outlet of the faucet to remove impurities, and generally it can be restored as before.
4. Experienced and qualified professionals shall be invited for construction and installation. During installation, the faucet shall not collide with hard objects as much as possible, and cement, glue, etc. shall not be left on the surface to avoid damaging the luster of the surface coating. Attention shall be paid to installing the tap after removing the sundries in the pipe.